I would have to say the number one reason why Christian's
have financial problems is because they are not giving their firstfruits
Tithing is not a multiple choice question. It
is a command. God is so good, that He only ask that you be faithful
to the first 10% and He let's you keep the other 90%!
Then, I would have to say the second reason why Christian's
have financial problems is because they are not being good stewards over
the money God gives them.
Then, I would have to say the third reason why Christian's
have financial problems is because they do not give. Giving is NOT
tithing. It is above and beyond the tithe. That is what we
call "sowing seed". We GIVE with an
expectancy of a return.
The Bible ALWAYS compares giving as a seed. It always refers to it as a farmer planting seeds.
Whenever we plant a seed, we do not expect just one thing to come of that plant. Whenever I plant a seed of a tomato plant, I do not expect to receive just one tomato from that plant. I expect many tomatos from that plant! When I plant a seed of a green bean plant, I do not expect just one bean from it. I expect many beans from that one plant!!!! God compares our giving to this. Whenever a farmer plants corn, he doesn't expect just one ear of corn to come from that plant! Rather, he expects more than just one ear of corn.
Read Psalm 37:25; Psalm 34:10; Deuteronomy 28:2-8; Deuteronomy 28:11-13; Luke 6:38; Malachi 3:10-12; 2Corinthians 9:6-8; Joshua 1:8; Deuteronomy 8:7-14, 18; Matthew 6:31-33; and lastly Philippians 4:19. These are just a few that is a good start.
So, I would say to you this. The first thing
to do is to make sure you are tithing. As I said, this is a command.
The second thing to do is to start giving. Start sowing seed into
God's work. God will direct you as to where to give, ask Him.
Lastly, start EXPECTING A HARVEST on your sowing. God will make sure it produces!
I pray that God will give you wisdom on how to be a good steward over His money that you receive each week or month. I pray for God to multiply your seed!
Back to the main page.